Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Ladybug Lake Update

Here is the latest and greatest pix of Ladybug Lake. I am going to compare the last one with the latest one, which was taken with my little Canon camera.
Taken with my old iPhone

Taken with Canon camera
The Canon pix has the colors right, and there isn't a distortion of the fabric color like the iPhone. Now my iPhone is an old hand me down from my husband, who is more taken with phone technology than I am, so he gets the newer phone and I inherit the old. It's a good working arrangement for the two of us. However, an older technology means that there are discrepancies to be put up with, i.e., the difference in color from the phone camera to a real camera. You can see here too that a bit more progress has been made on the design.

So now with this great upgrade to provide better quality pix, I can feel confident that what I put up on my blog is true to what I am actually seeing, and that is what I want, a better experience for those readers of my blog.

Hopefully the next time I give you an update, I will be at the bottom of the stitching as shown in the pix, and will be starting on the last twenty or so rows beneath it.

In the meantime, I have been experimenting with my Shiva Paintsticks for the next project. I am thinking about painting the background with either the Paintsticks or Jacquard fabric paints to match the stitching, that way I won't have any white background show up. This will take some time to get the fabric ready if I do this, since I have to wash the fabric to get all the sizing out of it so it will take either the oil or acrylic paint and then letting it set up after I paint it. I may even use my Martha Stewart's. I'll have to see how the matching goes. I have also been looking at fibers for it too. So it has been busy here at Pear Blossom Designs, which is okay, because the weather outside has been sweltering. Summer truly is here in Oklahoma.

Stay cool, comfortable and serene until next time.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment