Monday, July 24, 2017

Amazing Acrylics


I have some beautiful acrylic fabric paints that I have been experimenting with, in addition to the Shiva's. They are different to them but still wonderful. I have Jacquard Lumiere and Martha Stewart acrylic fabric paints and really enjoy using them both. One of the merits of the acrylics is that they dry super fast so there is no waiting. They are washable after being heat set, which is easy to do with an iron, and I believe in many cases are dry cleanable as well. The cleanup is very easy with water and just about any kind of soap. I use the Martha Stewart craft paint brushes which have held up beautifully and are not an expensive investment. The shorter stiffer bristles hold up well on the uneven, rough texture of the Aida. I don't mean to sound like a commercial for Martha Stewart, but hey, if the product is good, it's good no matter the source right? And if you get more bang for your buck, then that's just icing on the artistic endeavor cake. 

Oh, and pay no attention to that lavender color sample! LOL! It was in with my greys and so I thought it would be fun to see what it looked like on the fabric. Absolutely no way does it go with the color scheme!

I do want to primarily use silk fibers on this project but did not have the Splendor in all the greys I needed, so those are on order and hopefully will be here next week. If they work out, fingers crossed, I will just have to match my paints with them which is the reason for the sampler. The fabric has been prepped, which means it is washed, ironed and the edges treated so they won't fray. Once the fiber and paint are matched, I can get going on painting the fabric so there will be no delay in getting started once I finish Ladybug Lake.

I'm hoping this will all work out according to plan but if they don't, there are other options available. It is always good to have a back-up plan I've learned! LOL!

So until next time another thought nugget:

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
~Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment