Friday, October 20, 2017

This Past Week





Wow! The weekend is here already! How time flies. It's been a busy week here in the PBD Studio. First of all I want to tell you about some neat things going on. I got some of the new Miyuki colors of Delica beads. They are categorized as Picasso colored which gives them an aged or rustic kind of appearance. There are 6 new colors, very cool and can't wait to use them.

Next up are something new for me because I have never used them before, Marabu Fashion Liners. What is so cool about this is that you can actually use them to outline or draw using a fine tip of fabric paint. I specifically got these for a future project that I think they will work very well in. Have not received them yet but they should be here soon.

Of course I had to get the new colors of DMC embroidery floss too. I got them in the tin and they are also on their way. They look so pretty and I'm so excited about getting them. Of course because they are fibers! Thanks to DMC for giving us more beautiful colors to work with!

I got the Marabu Fashion Liners from one of my favorite online mixed media shops, Joggles. I love this store! Barb always has videos to go with the products she carries and they are always fun to watch as well as instructional.  The amazing thing is she is always adding new, neat stuff to the mix and I love seeing these new products and how to use them. It's such a treat! She also has fabulous sales too so be sure to check it out.

I purchased the DMC tin of new cotton embroidery floss colors straight from the DMC site which for me, had a good price, around $25.00.

I will be showcasing a couple of these in my next video, so be sure to stay tuned. Work is going tremendously well on Ladybug Lake. Looking Good! Should be done by next month sometime.

So much fun to come, and since the weather is turning a bit cooler here in Oklahoma, it won't be long when staying indoors will be the order of the day, which means more studio time and who doesn't love that!

Thought Nugget:
An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
~James Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment