Sunday, October 1, 2017

Big Announcement of the Fiber Kind!


 


EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! DMC WILL BE RELEASING THEIR NEW COTTON FLOSS COLORS SOON! 35 IN ALL!

I am very excited about the  DMC release of these new colors, and so grateful they are not making us buy the whole batch at once to get them, and then having to reorder the whole batch if you just need one skein of a certain color. Super bad marketing ploy in my humble opinion of the way they made their last release available. Once released we will be able to purchase them individually. Can you imagine having to buy all 35 colors for just one skein of them? UGH!

Surprisingly, when I looked at my next project, Eastern Expressions, and the colors of DMC cotton floss to match the glass beads I intend to affix with it, I was pretty disappointed by the scant selection of greys they offered (deja vu with my silks for this project). I finally found one, but it was from my preciously rare and nonrenewable DMC Flower Thread collection. When I looked at the upcoming new collection of DMC floss colors (as you can see above), I saw several greys in the mix and was overjoyed. To say that I'm anxious to add all of these to my collection is a gross understatement! Thank you DMC for expanding your already fantastic line of existing colors. As a needlework artist I can never have enough colors from which to select for my projects, it certainly makes it more fun and adventurous with a larger color palette!

So for all the fiber artists out there, or for those just curious about the process, I hope this information provided some fun and interesting information.

Thanks so much for reading and there will be more good stuff to follow soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment