Monday, April 9, 2018

"Original" Art

Hope this still works after all these years!
So spring has sprung and there are all kinds of cool things coming down the pike. I have to tell you I recently ran across something I am so excited about it is hard to contain myself. I mean, I was almost jumping up and down for joy! Now you may have already heard of this but it is new for me.

How many times have you found yourself drooling over a really cool stencil and having to remind yourself that you can't use it in your work because of copyright laws? Well I love the possibility of using stencils on my work, in fact, I have wanted to for a long time because I think they are an awesome effect. Well I found a really cool way to make stencils using a hot glue gun and a non stick surface. You can make stamps using hot glue too! I am definitely going to play with this. I have a glue gun that is ancient and never used which I am going to bust out now. I've also seen where they make masks as well, where you just spray some paint over a design for the white effect behind it. One lady made these really neat looking trees! Wow! Another made a stamp using just a wooden block, like a children's building block that you could get from any hobby store, and hot glued designs on all the sides. One block and you had multiple designs. Of course these are not going to have the precision of the store bought variety, but it doesn't matter if it's yours to have fun with and make your own.

So how fun is this going to be? Very, of course! Can't wait. I may have to take back all the things I've said about glue now. LOL!

For more information you can go to YouTube and check out the videos. They have lots of them and they are a blast to watch. I hope to have some of these made by the next video....

I am also expecting my order from Tattered Angels today too, so there will be lots to share in the next video.

In the meantime here is a thought nugget:

"Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing."
~Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments:

Post a Comment