Monday, April 23, 2018

Now for Something Completely Different


So this weekend I had a dilemma. I had a birthday card for my brother I wanted to send, however, I didn't care for the picture on it at all. So after thinking about it, I drug my paints out and began to play with them. Now fortunately this card was on a heavy cardstock so I knew I was pretty safe from any bleed through, as long as I didn't over do it. Here is a closer look:
Love this texture! The paper was already warped like this
when I purchased it, the paint didn't do it.
I went with the circles because of the metal embellishments already on it and just matched up metallic colors. I did the circles with the Marabu Fashion liners in gold and silver. The copper was Martha Stewart. I really wanted to give them a strong texture too and you can see the Marabu did a great job, although the Martha Stewart didn't totally disappoint. The background was done in putty in Martha Stewart as well and really complemented the rest of the card. I then did a loosey goosey kind of circle around the metallic with a Micron Pigma pen. The box was then outlined with a Sharpie Markie in a greyish blue color.

Was it time consuming? Yes. But I realized when I got done that now my brother had something more personal than an impersonal card, he had a little bit of me via my creativity too and it made it more special for me and I know it will make it more special for him as well.

So now when I look for a store bought card, I will be sure to note whether it would be a good candidate to do this again because it certainly gave the greeting a lot more meaning.

Look for another blog this week. Until then here is another thought nugget for you:

"Art is freedom. Being able to bend things most people see as a straight line."
~Overlyxclusive

No comments:

Post a Comment