Monday, April 10, 2017

When Did a Tornado Go Through My Studio?


I know here in Oklahoma we are known for our dramatic weather, especially tornadoes, but I never suspected one could just roar through my studio without me knowing it! LOL! It looks like an F5 barreled through, and I'm the one that unleashed it. UGH! I hope this isn't going to take more than a week but from the looks of it, it might. I get the magazine, "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" and almost always I read that uncluttering the studio is wonderful for the creative spirit. I believe that is true, but when I am in a creative frenzy so to speak, it seems I have to pull everything out to get the little that I need.

One thing that I am quite anxious to try are my Shiva Paint Sticks and foils. I have some Egyptian beads that I am just dying to work with and I think the foil and sticks will add a wonderful dimension to the stitching. I also have some Faber Castell Gelatos that I would love to try out too, not to mention my Jacquard Fabric Paints. I think adding paint with stitching is such a great way to create and adds so much to the craft of surface design and mixed media. OMGosh I am already wanting to pull out more stuff from my cabinets instead of putting things away.....the creative curse strikes again, and again, and again, ad infinitum...LOL!

Here is a sampler of my gelatos I can use for reference as well as my Jacquard and Stewart Gill fabric paints.


Faber Castell Gelatos Sampler

Jacquard fabric paints.

More Jacquard fabric paints.
Stewart Gill fabric paints.


More Stewart Gill fabric paints.
I would much rather paint on my fabrics than dye them because I like to have more of a hand in the design of it rather than a random occurrence. I really enjoy that part of the process and prefer not leave it to chance. That is not to say that I don't think overdyed fabrics aren't pretty and have a place for stitchers, because they certainly do, I just prefer to play with paints and designs of my own, and there are so many they truly are a blast to experiment with. Did I mention fabric markers too? Oh no, I better stop while I'm ahead and get to work on the studio! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment