Monday, March 13, 2017

Why "Pear Blossom"?


What is the reason for selecting "Pear Blossom"? Well, several reasons. First of all I have two lovely Bradford Pears in my yard and I just love them. I think of them as "bulldogs" in the tree world. They have survived major damage from the crazy winds and storms here in Oklahoma, not to mention the awful, awful hot summers we suffer through. They are always the first trees to bloom in the earliest of spring and the last to lose their leaves in the fall. It seems they love to be alive and show it as much as possible. In all the years we have had them, we only had trouble with ants invading one which was easy enough to fix, so they are also pest resistant. And those exquisite little white flowers they show off in spring are just beautiful, as are their shiny green leaves.

So my pear trees are my treasures I guess because they stubbornly refuse to give up no matter how battered and tossed they get and are still able to show how lovely they can be in spite of it. Because of all this they are my inspiration and duly deserving to have something named after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment