Monday, March 6, 2017

An Introduction

It has been a long time coming. I first conceived of having my own mixed media fiber art business close to 15 years ago. It seemed daunting but not impossible. I wasn't even sure what my art would entail, except it would be hand stitched. Gradually, as I considered my options, old ideas were thrown out as new and better ones emerged. I learned, with time, to let the process develop at its own pace. If I forced the issue, the results were not good, but if I left the door open to inspiration, it would arrive on its own and it would be worthy of time and effort.

Now I am not a preacher, minister, or priest, so I am not going to mount a sermon here. What I will tell you right here and now is that I have a strong belief system in God, and when I know something is not working, I absolutely know it is by His will that it isn't. When this happens I have learned to let go the reigns and say, "I know You don't want this, let me know what You do.". Then I wait for that spark of an idea to show itself and go for it. After all we are talking about The Designer of the Universe in all its shapes, colors, and glory. The ultimate Creator and Artist. Why wouldn't I want that kind of guidance and have that kind of trust?

The truth is, it really is a no brainer for me. All I have to do is look at Mother Earth and see the kind of work God has done. I mean really, from microscopic tardigrades to the mighty lion, the river rock to the faceted gemstone, and from a blade of grass to the Amazon Rain Forest, it is all inspired and inspiring.

To be clear, this means I am doing my homework too and not just waiting for God to zap me with brilliant ideas. I read, search and observe too, because curiosity is what develops the ideas. It took me a long time to figure this all out and resulted in a lot of bumps, halts and do overs, but I did finally "get" it, and so then began my creative journey as the student to the Ultimate Teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment