Friday, March 24, 2017

Onward and Upward

So none of the beads I ordered match the originals and after being upset for a day about it and pondering other options, which was even more upsetting since I didn't think there were any, I decided to use the less lustrous beads. The whole purpose of the goldish beads was to give the effect of the sun around the blossom, so now it will look like the sun is more intense on the right than the left and I will leave it at that. The holes are all actually larger in these replacements so that has helped speed the process along since I can use one hand instead of stopping to have to use both of them.

I think this is a good lesson in more ways than one. Obviously I have to make sure I order current supplies if I have a big project to ensure the lots are all the same. I should have taken as an omen a skein of DMC floss I came across in my supply that I noticed was quite a shade off from the others of the same number. It was a much older skein that I could tell from the label, and I had never come across a color difference like that before with DMC. All the dye lots I ever used matched when I had to buy additional skeins, except this one. So it does happen, even with companies that are extremely consistent in their colors whether they are glass beads or cotton floss. I like to think that I will never be taken by surprise like this again, but chances are I will be so I have to expect it at some point, and that's what life is all about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment