Monday, May 7, 2018

April, A New Month and More Fun Stuff!

Wonderful, wonderful stuff this week! I actually got in the Derwent Inktense Color Pencils and the new Faber Castell Translucent Gelatos and it has been FUN!


Derwent Inktense Color Pencils ready to go!


The latest and greatest Faber Castell Translucent Gelatos ready to go too!


Preview of the new Translucent Gelato colors.
I'm not done playing with the Gelatos so information on them will be forthcoming. However, the Inktense were a blast to play with! What I do is soak my little sample piece of cloth with water and then put the pencil to it. From there I just added different colors to it, drying it with a heat gun in between applications. In the end I realized that I like the colors to be more intense and then added a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam to it to add a little something-something. Since these are permanent, all is needed is to heat set after getting the desired look. I love this technique! It has more control than dyes and is far less complicated.


On the left is the sample done with the Faber Castell Watercolor
Pencils, the center (my favorite) was done with the Derwent Inktense
 Watercolor pencils and the one on the right was done with the Tattered Angels kit.
I also ordered a 4 oz. bottle of Liquitex fabric medium to experiment with some of the media I have that doesn't specifically work with fabric. More on that in the future when I have a chance to work with it.

Another book? Oh yes! I snagged this little gem of a book for super cheap. It's "The New Anchor Book of Counted Thread Embroidery Stitches", which certainly isn't "New" but a blast from the past and chocked full of stitches in a little approx. 6"x6" format. Good things really do come in small packages!


So this week will talk more fibers and other cool stuff. Until then remember to Keep Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment