Saturday, September 9, 2017

Silks Are In! Yahoo!

So last Saturday when I checked the mail, there were my silks! I was almost doing a happy dance back to the house from the mailbox! So now at long last I can match them to my paints and actually start painting the background for the next project which I have renamed, "Eastern Expressions". I like the flow of that even better than the original, so it worked out great. I decided I would use the acrylic paints for this one and not the Shiva paintsticks, because they gave me more variety with the greys, and I don't want to mix and match the oils and acrylics on this particular project. Here is a picture of the paint palette swatch with the colors for Eastern Expressions:
I don't normally like to work on two projects at once, but I have an idea for another project to work while I am doing Eastern Expressions. I will reveal more details as I flesh them out in my head and then on paper.

Also, I have been thinking a lot about doing the video on backgrounds and the more I do, the more I want to do it, so I think that will be the next video coming up. Fun Stuff!

So stay tuned and until next time, here's another thought nugget:

"An artist cannot fail, it is a success just to be one."
~Charles Horton Cooley






No comments:

Post a Comment