Monday, September 25, 2017

Lovely Autumn and More!


It has certainly been a rough two weeks! I have been battling a terrible case of food poisoning and just last Thursday was able to get on an antibiotic that hopefully will finally put an end to this ongoing medical drama. UGH! So tired of not feeling well! It has put a terrible crimp in my stitching as it is hard to concentrate and it seems the blending filaments are being at odds with me as well and keep unravelling. I hate wasting any materials and I feel like that is what I have been doing the last couple of weeks. The upside is I have been getting lots of reading done as a result. I really haven't had much time to read lately, maybe a book a month, so I guess this was a nice change of pace.

I think autumn is my favorite time of year, not only because the temperatures become more accommodating, but because the colors and smells are so wonderful. As the precursor for so many wonderful holidays, it seems it opens the door for many happy expectations. So even though I may not be feeling 100% right now, just thinking about what the next few months hold cheers me up. The only down side for me are the shorter days, as I love the sunshine and do miss it when it isn't around as much, especially when the weather turns grey. I actually have a pattern in mind for a fall project that I hope to get to one day soon. There were these beautiful maple trees on the campus where I once worked, and one particular autumn the conditions were perfect for these trees to have an absolutely stunning autumn color change. Needless to say, that image has stayed with me all these years later, and of course I just have to make something from it! LOL!

Something I have to fight off this time of year is the yearning to work on some of the patterns and kits I have hoarded over the years for holiday gifts. As much as I would love to pick them up now and plan to get them done by Christmas, I realize I have to keep working on my business and getting my own creations done. I also have to catch myself and resist the urge to start making my own designs for gifts for family and friends. I always keep it tucked in the back of my mind that once I get enough of my own work done, I will be able to indulge in taking time out here and there for making gifts again, but right now it cannot be on my priority list. What we sacrifice for art! LOL!

I have a long list of books in my collection of fiber and needleart topics and think I will begin to talk about those on my blog. They are too wonderful I believe not to share, especially the wonderful information they hold. I'll have one for you later this week. In the meantime, stay well, stay kind, and bring happiness with you wherever you go.

P.S. I am working out the details for the next video too, in which I hope to add some information on Twinkling H2O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment