Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Other Guys



I love art! I love many different kinds both old and new, but of course my very favorite is fabric/fiber art. I want to highlight some of these talented individuals in my blog from time to time. This time I want to shine the spotlight on the art of Yumi Okita of Raleigh, North Carolina. Yumi uses various elements in her art such as embroidery thread, wire, fabric, and fake fur amongst others, to create very large replicas of nature, particularly moths and butterflies. You can see from her work how her attention to detail and her talent with needle and thread make these gorgeous one of a kind beauties truly collector's pieces. You can visit her Etsy shop at this link to look at her work. It looks like her work has sold out but happily she may be moving into another subject matter with a flower piece currently for sale. Enjoy this amazing artist and her beautiful creations with needle and thread.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/YumiOkita?ref=pr_shop_more#items

 Article on Colossal
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/category/craft/

No comments:

Post a Comment