Thursday, August 24, 2017

Ladybug Lake Update

Even with my camera I couldn't get the colors
on the photo to look as vibrant as they really appear.

I have been working on another video but for some reason this second one is turning out to be more difficult than the first. After numerous tries and failures I thought I would give it another try today so this blog post will be brief.

I am very disappointed in the fact that I still have not received my silks that I ordered last month. I checked with the distributor and it looks like they started sending orders out the beginning of this month according to their Facebook page. I will not name the retailer here, but needless to say I will not be doing business with them again anytime soon. I emailed them again and this time mentioned that if I didn't get them by next week I would have to cancel my order and they would have to refund me the money. Absolutely ridiculous to have to wait this long, and the shame of it is that this is a store that I normally do not do business with but the silks were cheaper there so I ordered from them. Next time I'll remember that there is usually a catch when you want to save money rather than go with a tried and true source. Ugh! Just aggravated as all get out about it.

Now onto something more pleasant! I have finished the water on Ladybug Lake and the photo is above. All I have to do is get the blending filament done and then the stems on the leaves and lastly the beads and it will be ready to go! Yeah! Stitching the blending filament actually is going pretty fast, I'm just worried about running out of it and then having to wait on another order forever in order to get it done! LOL! Certainly will not be ordering from the problem source as before.

The big buzz this week was the U.S. eclipse. My there was such hubbub about it! LOL! We didn't get the full eclipse here in Oklahoma, but still people were thrilled about what they could see. We are supposed to get the full eclipse I think in 2024. Maybe I'll look at it then. In the meantime there were lots of lovely photos of it on the news so I got to see it that way.

Have a very lovely day and upcoming weekend!

Thought Nugget:

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."
~Ralph Waldo Emmerson

No comments:

Post a Comment