Monday, July 23, 2018

Work I Have Done

I thought it nice if I shared some of my work with you. Certainly I have done more than this, however, since what I stitched in the past was meant for someone special, most of my work has been given away (I'm sure many of you creatives have done the same, it just goes with the territory). Here are some examples of work I have done with patterns not of my own design:

Made this for my daughter, I just loved the colors and message!

I made this one for me! I love sunflowers. As a matter of fact,
my studio is done up in sunflowers.

This was my take on the pattern below. Done up
with a Swarovski crystal heart, seed beads and bugle
beads in two sizes.

The pattern for the work above. Loved the pattern but customized
it to my taste and just had to have fun with beads too!
 Here are examples of work I have done with my original patterns:
 
This was the sampler using all the fibers discussed
on my blog. The pattern was available on the blog
for anyone interested in trying it out. Lots of
different fibers made this a lot of fun to stitch!

This actually started out as an experiment when I was first using
seed beads. I wanted to see how they would hold up on 14 count
Aida cloth. Years later, it looks exactly the same. The fabric has
not been stretched and the beads have maintained their beautiful
sparkle.


When I had a brick and mortar cross stitch shop nearby, I
discussed with the owner doing patterns for her as box-its (that's
what we call them here in Oklahoma) for each month of the year.
Here are two examples of it. I called them Windowsill Box-Its
because you could fit them nicely on even a narrow windowsill.
The plan was for them to be economical, using only a few colors
of floss and a very simple pattern that would work up quickly.
February of course was for Valentine's Day.
 
Here is a view of the back. I loved the colors since they were
so different from the regular pink and red of the holiday.

For March we absolutely had to showcase St. Patrick's Day
and a big 'ole shamrock.

A friend of mine asked me to make a pattern for her Facebook
Group page that she would release for her birthday. She loved
the colors turquoise and coral so those were the colors I used.
I also used a blending filament to add a little sparkle. Again,
this was a simple pattern using just a few colors on 14 count Aida.

Of course here is the current project, Ladybug Lake, that I have
discussed here on the blog. I used linen floss, silk floss, floche,
blending filament, fabric marker and beads will be added later.
 
 
So here is an example of what the beads may
look like when attached. Haven't decided on
a permanent placement of the ladybug beads
but there is still plenty of time for that to be made.

So right after Ladybug Lake I will be starting on Eastern Expressions. Paint, vintage brooch, and wonderful fibers will all be incorporated. And of course BEADS! A sneak peak:



I did win a second place ribbon at the Oklahoma State Fair when
I entered a piece I later gave away to a friend I worked with.
Wish I would have taken a picture of it before I did that. Ugh.
 
Last but not least is the pattern I designed for
my studio. I have yet to make it into a plaque for
the door but at least it is finished! Seed beads,
cotton floss and blending filament to back stitch
the lettering.
 

I hope you enjoyed these blasts from the past and present!

No comments:

Post a Comment