Sunday, August 26, 2018

Couldn't Wait!

Hello all my wonderful creatives! I couldn't wait to let you know all about the gilding flakes I got to play with today, so this will be short and sweet.

So these are Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes used with the Cosmic Shimmer Glue. These are soooo easy to use. I wanted an effect similar to aging to go along with one of my samples for this tryout. The supplies I had was a cup of water (because you don't want the glue to dry on your brush), a cheap stiff brush and paper towels. Be sure to do this on a piece of paper so any errant flakes can be collected and put back in the jar. All you have to do is put the glue on your project where you want the gilding to go. The glue becomes a bluish color when you first apply it so you can see where you put it. Wait until the glue dries. When it is dry it will be transparent and just tacky to the touch. Next, you sprinkle the gilding flakes on the fabric and press them on the fabric with your fingers or a the back of a plastic spoon if you don't want to get the glue on your fingers. After you remove the excess flakes, go over the fabric with a stiff brush. If you go over it lightly then you will have more of a gilding stay on, I wanted a more aged effect so I put more pressure to the brush.

Be warned that this is messy but still lots of fun. It works brilliantly and I couldn't have been happier with the results. Wherever the glue lands it will stick so be prepared to do cleanup as you go unless you want it to be gilded! And permanent! LOL! I got my supplies from Joggles.com but I'm sure there are other sources out there. She also has a video available showing you how to use it.

Here is my finished product:

I put a little more of the gilding on my sample than I should have but hey, it's a
sample so no harm, no foul.


So here is a bead and you can see how well the gilding sets it off.
I will have more this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment